|“||I've never met my own grandparents, but my great-grandfather was a very respected inventor. He came up with the buttscoot.||”|
“Stan Talks to Gran”
Season 1, Episode 19
July 21, 2013
Kristin Layne Tucker
Bennett and Ellen go on vacation and leave the kids with Bennett's mother. When Grandma James picks up Stan's worn-out chew toy and threatens to throw it out, Stan defends him in a panic, causing Grandma to faint. When she wakes up, she is stunned by Stan talking and starts to believe she is crazy and her subconscious is talking to her through a dog. During a conversation with Stan on the patio, she realizes that while she thinks that her relationship with the kids is strong, and really isn't and that they don't enjoy her company. As a result, she gives gifts to the kids. While Tyler and Chloe are happy, Avery feels uncomfortable accepting the gifts and she tells Grandma the truth about Stan and his ability. Grandma, however, says their secret is safe with her.
- G. Hannelius as Avery Jennings
- Blake Michael as Tyler James
- Francesca Capaldi as Chloe James
- Stephen Full as the voice of Stan
- Regan Burns as Bennett James
- Beth Littleford as Ellen Jennings
- Mick as Stan
- Stephanie Faracy as Nora James
- Johanna McKay as Masseuse
|“|| Tyler: *Ordering pizza* Pepperoni and mushroom. Hey, do we want cheesy bread?|
Avery: This is no time for stupid questions, of course we want cheesy bread!
- This episode aired at a special time, 7:30 PM, to make room for the "Teen Beach Movie Sing-Along" airing.
- The monkey toy used in this episode is Mick's favorite chew toy, Mr. Chimps, but it is renamed Robert.
- Bennet says "wander in the desert for 40 years." This could possibly be a reference to when Moses led the Hebrews out of Egypt.
- In Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret, it's revealed that Karl had found out Stan's secret in this episode.
- In this episode, Stan reunites with Robert, but Robert makes an appearance in Freaky Fido, when Avery tries to film Stan chewing his favorite chew toy.
| To view the Stan Talks to Gran gallery, click here.